& 500 Tablets
Lifeforce Tricalcium Phosphate is trusted by Specialists, Doctors, Homeopaths, Dieticians and other Health Professionals, for its therapeutic properties. Tricalcium Phosphate is provided in a fully absorbable, balanced ratio of Calcium and Phosphorus. This formulation is backed up with a bio-available buffered form of Vitamin C combining the action of Bioflavonoids and Rutin.
IMPORTANT FACTS ABOUT CALCIUM
Calcium is the most abundant mineral found in the body and therefore our daily requirement for this mineral is the greatest.
About 99% of the Calcium found in the body is in the bones and teeth. The remaining 1% is of great importance to the body chemistry, since it:
Approximately 20% of an adult’s bone Calcium is reabsorbed and replaced every year.
CALCIUM ASSISTS IN:
For proper absorption and functioning, Calcium needs the stomach acid - Hydrochloric Acid (available in Health Shops as Betaine Hydrochloride). This acid is usually recommended for people with low gastric secretions, or for those over the age of 40 with a reduced ability to absorb Calcium, Vitamin D and Phosphorus. Calcium requires sufficient amounts of Magnesium to keep it soluble, Protein for chelation as well as Vitamins A and C.
ARE RAISED BY:
HELPFUL IN THE TREATMENT OF:
Phosphorous is the second most abundant mineral in the body. It works together with Calcium and functions best when used in a ratio of 1 part Phosphorus to 2½ parts Calcium. A proper Calcium-Phosphorus balance ensures optimum bone mineralisation.
Phosphorus is present in every cell of the body and is involved in most biological reactions.
Phosphorus is a constituent of the nucleoproteins, which carry our genetic code and also of myelin, the fatty sheath that covers and insulates nerves, without which the nervous system would malfunction. Phosphorus is very efficiently absorbed in the presence of Vitamin D and Calcium. Most of the Phosphorus in our bodies is stored in the bones and teeth.
Phosphorus’s enemies are antacid preparations containing Calcium Carbonate and sugar, which disturbs the Calcium-Phosphorus balance. With age, the kidneys become less efficient at excreting Phosphorus causing it to accumulate. This causes the Calcium level to drop in order to maintain a proper Calcium-Phosphorus balance. The end result is usually a Calcium deficiency, which explains why some nutritionists recommend decreasing Phosphorus intake after the age of 40.
FUNCTIONS OF OTHER COMPONENTS IN LIFEFORCE TRICALCIUM PHOSPHATE:
Vitamin C influences several other nutrients. It improves the body’s ability to absorb Calcium and Iron and to excrete poisonous Copper, Lead and Mercury. It lowers cholesterol by converting it into bile acids and is as assisted in this function by Zinc. Vitamin C also assists the absorption of certain Amino Acids. It is required in greater amounts by hypoglycaemics and by dieters following high protein diets.
Vitamin C helps to neutralise nitrosamines - carcinogenic substances that are formed when smoked meats (such as ham and bacon) are cured with nitrites to prevent Botulism and preserve an appetising appearance.
Vitamin C plays a leading role in the body’s resistance to bacterial infections and reduces the effects of allergens in the body.
Vitamin C possesses unique antioxidant properties, which assist in combating the negative effects of environmental and chemical pollutants.
The primary function of Rutin is to increase capillary strength and regulate absorption and effectiveness of Vitamin C. Rutin prevents Vitamin C from being destroyed by oxidation. It helps to build resistance to infection. Rutin strengthens capillary walls, thereby preventing bruising. Aids in the healing and prevention of bleeding gums. Helps to treat Oedema and dizziness due to a disease of the inner ear.
|Top of page||Back to Main Brochure Page|